Listen to the full episode here:
• Gabe was a math whiz in the Detroit Public school system
• During college, he had some experiences unique to him as an African American one of which was due to him being top of his class.
• Gabe was an electrical engineer working at Nuclear facility, then #Stuxnet happened
• The demand for cybersecurity skills combined with his experience and love for growth paved the way for where he is today.
• "All these systems are air gaps by regulatory guidance."
• "I'm here for my education. I'm going to get this education. And not even necessarily prove this person wrong, but I'm going to be here and do what I have to do in order to get where I desire to be."
• "He's like, wow, you're the first black guy that I have ever seen in person."
• "I almost rushed with him for one that a frats."
• " I saw that I would gain a greater exposure to a lot more technologies within my field. I get to see different plants. I get to touch different areas."
Getting Into Infosec
Breaking IN: A Practical Guide to Starting a Career in Information Security: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N15GTPC/
T-Shirts, Mugs, and more: https://gettingintoinfosec.com/shop/
Stay in touch and sign up for sneak peaks, updates, and commentary: https://pages.gettingintoinfosec.com/subscribe