Listen to the full episode here:
Rob Carson founder of Semper Sec. Rob knows how to simplify the problem and deliver solutions.
His clients base includes:
• Fortune 200 Companies
• US Government Contractors
• State and Local Governments
• Fuel Retailers
• Software and hardware manufacturers
His distinguished career includes service as a Marine Corps Infantry Officer, as well as leading roles in IT and Security. Before devoting his work fulltime to facilitating his client's success, He built highly successful information security programs for ISO 27001:2005/2013, PCI, HIPAA, NIST 800-171, GDPR. He also volunteers his time as the Chief Security Officer for BSIDES Las Vegas, a non-profit educational organization designed to advance the body of Information Security.
• Matt reveals how much he made when he got out of the Marines
• Matt hilariously talks about the nuances he had to deal with when going to the private sector:
• Not saying "Sir" and "Madamn"
• Figuring out what to wear
• How being early is too early
"I wasn't getting shot at... I was working in climate control, you know, so people be all stressed out and I was like 'Well no one's going to die'."
"I like to call myself a lessons learned enthusiast."
"The hardest job you'll ever get in infosec is that first step in."
"A first sergeant told me your hobbies should reflect part of your career."
"You can be outside the box, but you need to stay inside the room."
Rob Carson's LinkedIN Profile