Listen to the full episode here:
Jared Folkins understands people, technology, and the world around him. He can smell a toxic environment from a mile away and has used that EIQ spider sense for good. Jared shares with us some VERY personal stories (tear jerker warning!) in integrity and life decisions as well a bunch of on the job war stories including a famous one featured in the news! This is probably my most dramatic episode yet.
• At 18 got promoted to manage a team of 50, because he wasn't lazy.
• In hindsight was able to see indicators of the dot com crash, but didn't realize that.
• Had a fork in the road where he had a major decision to make.
• Jared shares with us a VERY personal story and the life lesson from that which he applies in his professional life.
• Having low tolerance for toxic relationships, Jared has been able sense toxicity and it's been a driving force for good for him.
• "I believe in the power of admitting when you're wrong."
• "I carry my guilt between my shoulder blades."
• "When I make that mistake; When you have a team that you can trust or a team that honors you, you have the freedom to say stuff like that."
• "You can only control you."
• "Constraints can be healthy."
• "Stepping outside of your comfort zone... super healthy too."
• "If someone tells me this person... is not a good person, I'll actually go meet that person. I want to asses it for myself."
• "You get rejected, don't get super emotional... just work with what you have and move on."
Jared's Blog: https://www.acloudtree.com
Jared's Twitter: https://twitter.com/jf0lkins
Jared's GitHub: https://github.com/jaredfolkins
Opsec Edu: https://www.opsecedu.com
KayPro Computer: http://oldcomputers.net/kayproii.html
Donkey Kong Clone: https://ostermiller.org/ladder/
Grand Mal Seizure: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/grand-mal-seizure/symptoms-causes/syc-20363458
Project Dir Fu: https://www.dir-fu.com/
Getting Into Infosec: